Thursday, March 12, 2009

Chapter 10

" 'It's all my fault.  I should have been able to convince them to let Uncle out'.  86"

I found this quote really interesting, because it was my one of my first chances to look inside a little deeper at Aisha.  This quote really opened my eyes to show me that Aisha can be insecure too, and that she isn't always strong like she wants us to think she is.  I am glad that I was able to notice this, because now I can feel like I can relate to her a little bit more.  I know when something bad happens to the people around me, I sometimes feel like I am to blame, even though it really isn't my fault.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job Sara. The sentence also opened my eyes to how Aisha really feels. It's like she has this strong outer coat where she is confident, strong, independent but then under that outer coat, it's her real inner self. She's truly scared, nervous, and I feel that she doesn't like that inner self part of her, which is why she gets all upset when things don't work out. Her self confidence goes down as well. Great work!

    ReplyDelete