Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Chapter 6

"In the mirror all I se is a fat girl with chubby hands.  I look stupid, not like someone who's good at math or anything else.  49"

I found this quote very interesting because if revolved around how Nadira sees herself physically and how she sees herself as a person.  She is obviously not confident in herself, because she is criticizing how she looks yet again.  This seems to be one of her weakest topics.  Also, whenever I think about someone being good at something, I don't look at them and think right off the bat, "Oh she must be really smart" or "she must be really good at baseball".  You kind of have to get to know somebody to know what their interests are.  It seems like Nadira needs to spend some time getting to know herself, and stop judging herself by her cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment