Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chapters 3 & 4

In chapters 3 & 4 the quote that I think quote that stood out to me the most was: 

"And the people from the other side, in what had been West Bengal, kept coming, flooding into our villages the way the water used to come.  22"

I really liked this sentence because it really showed how many people came into the village and the image it made in my head was very clear:  people swarming through in waves.  The image is kind of hard to explain in words.  It is reminds me of when I was little I would go hands-on science-type museums and there were be experiments you could do with water.  You would put up a barrier at the end of a "river" and let the water store up, then you could remove the barrier and the water would just rush really fast.  This is how I envisioned this quote, just with people instead of water.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked how you compaired people to water and how that was your first impression of the text. I also like the part about the science museums.
    Great job, Lighthall!

    ReplyDelete