Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Chapter 5

Ask Me No Questions Chapter 5 Quotes:

"The bottom of his kurta blows against his knees like two flimsy pieces of wash, and the words inside me are stones in my mouth.  37"

"Only sometimes it feels lonely being this way, as if their voices are turning me to heavy stone.  41"

When I read this first quote I though that words turning to stone was a great image, and it really stuck with me.  When I kept on reading and stumbled across the other quote using stone on page 41 I remembered the other quote and realized that in both quotes she compared words and stone.  She feels like what people say are "weighing her down", and she needs to break out of this stone and do something. (for more on this see Robin's post)  Leave what people have said behind and move on.  Just like when you go camping, you have to leave the stones behind, that's what Nadira has to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment